8/06/2011

On the Road --- Upcoming Movie!?

A lot is riding on this movie…many expectations…I mean it’s “On the Road”, not just a classic…but a beacon of inspiration…a definition of a whole generation…its either a GO or GO HOME for the director >.<…But if done well  Smile I know it has the opporunity to be great.                                                                                        

  -This is what I expect  :                                        

  • KILLER Soundtrack…I want to hear JAZZ, BLUES , the movie has to capture what music was like to the people of the 1950’s.
  • AMAZING Scenery….Sal’s journey across America was so inspirational to him not only for the people he met along the way but for all the things / places he saw. (Star filled skies…vast empty desert land…the coast…the countryside…the streets of Chicago, New York, Frisco, LA)
  • HEAD ON Character interpretation…For example, the Dean character must be slick, inspirational, charming, everything Kerouac put into his precious Dean Moriarty. 
  • INSPIRATIONAL…just like the book, I hope the movie can be seen and give people a want to journey, explore and get ON THE ROAD in search of themselves, new place/faces, or just for the thrill of it.

I really can’t wait for the movie. Director, Walter Salles has a lot of responsibility on his hands but judging from his past movies, I think he can do it.

He’s also known for directing Motorcycle Diaries, a movie based on Che Guevara’s travels prior to becoming the inspirational revolutionary we all know him for. Looks interesting and well done…I’ll definitely be watching it soon.

 

CLever TV sneak peak

 

 

On the Road movie stills

No comments:

Post a Comment